Roasted pumpkin seeds are one of the easiest, most nutritious and tastiest snacks you can make. Chock full of nutrients and protein, these little guys are a healthy alternative to all of that processed sugar that is sure to tempt you on Halloween. So here's a quick and simple recipe and some tips for your new favorite Halloween snack!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Separate the pumpkin guts from the seeds. Putting the seeds in a colander will help rinse some of the excess material off. IMPORTANT! The drier the seeds, the crispier and crunchier they will be after roasting. Either let them dry in the colander or use a cloth to remove as much moisture as possible.Ingredients
- 1 to 1-1/2 Cups Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 Teaspoons Melted Butter
- Pinch of Salt/To taste - Note: Get creative! Garlic salt or seasoned salt is delicious, too.
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- Mix seeds, melted butter and seasoning in bowl taking care to completely coat all seeds.
- Spread seeds in single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
If you're after a sweeter treat, add 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and use 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Share this post